Section and Regional History
NETS Teacher of the Year
|1994||Mr. Carl Steven Rapp, University School|
|1995||Ms. Joan Schartung, Tn High|
|1996||Ms. Jennifer Birchfield, Elizabethton High|
|1997||Ms. Nancy Bovender, Dobyns Bennett|
NETS Technician of the Year
Section Awards and Nominations
- Won Phoenix Award in category of “Best Open-House Activity”; Shawn Tonnies, 1991 NCW coordinator.
- Won the Outstanding Technician Affiliate Group Award; Tim Guinn was the TAG chairman.
- Won Phoenix Award in category of ” Greatest Membership Involvement”. Also nominated in categories of “Most Creative Activity and “Best Event in a Museum or Library”; Steve Perri, 1992 NCW coordinator.
- Won the Outstanding Technician Affiliate Group Award; Linda Rothwell was the TAG chariman.
- Won Phoenix Award in category of “Greatest Industrial Involvement”; nominated in the category of “Best Media Coverage”; Renee Niziurski-Mann, was the 1993 NCW coordinator.
- Won award from Council Committee on Public Relations for media coverage of Section events, especially NCW events; Shawn Tonnies, PR Chair, Renee Niziurski-Mann, 1993 NCW coordinator.
- Won Society Award for Outstanding Section in the Medium Size Category; Rick Offerman was the 1993 Chair.
- Won Society Award for Outstanding Section in the Medium Size Category; David Allen was the 1994 Chair.
- Won Phoenix Award in category of “Best Media Coverage”; Shawn Kerrick was the 1994 NCW coordinator.
- Won the Award for Outstanding Performance for Public Relations, awarded by the Committee on Public Relations; Liz West was the 1994 Publicity Committee Chair.
- Rodney Bradley, Technician Associate, ECCR, was named “1994 Technician of the Year” by the Division of Chemical Technicians.
- Eastman Chemical Company received the ACS Division Director Award for contributions to the success of NETS.
- Dennis Marshall, Technician Associate, TEOC, was named “1995 Technician of the Year” by the Division of Chemical Technicians.
- Awarded a Certificate of Excellence for 1995 programs; Steve Perri was the 1995 Section Chair.
- Nominated for Phoenix Award in the category of “Best Overall Community Involvement” for 1995 NCW activites; Heather Brink was the 1995 NCW coordinator.
- Awarded a Certificate of Excellence for 1996 programs; John Sanders was the 1996 Section Chair
- Randall Perry, Technician Associate, ECCR, was named “1996 Technician of the Year” by the Division of Chemical Technicians.
- Awarded the 1996 Phoenix Award for “Best Media Coverage” for 1996 National Chemistry Week celebration.
- Awarded a Certificate of Excellence for 1997 programs; Renee Niziurski-Mann was the 1997 Section Chair.
- Won Society Award for Outstanding Section in the Medium Size Category; Lori Wilson was the 1999 Chair.
- Nominated for Phoenix Awards in Most Unique Demonstration Program and in Best Activity for a Specific Audience.
- Won Society Award for Outstanding Section in the Medium Size Category; Craig Lott was the 1999 Chair.
- Won ChemLunimary Award for Greatest Industrial Involvement for 2001 National Chemistry Week Activities.
- Won ChemLuminary Award for Division/Local Section Activity
- Won ChemLuminary Award for National Chemistry Week
ETSU Student Affiliate Chapter Awards
|1988-89||Jeff Wardeska, Barbara Bunn||Outstanding|
|1992-93||Jeff Wardeska, Lori Wilson||Outstanding|
|1995-96||Jeff Wardeska||Outstanding, Divison Director’s Award|
|1996-97||Jeff Wardeska, Lori Wilson||Outstanding|
|1997-98||Jeff Wardeska, Lori Wilson||Outstanding|
|1998-99||Jeff Wardeska, Tammy Davidson||Honorable Mention|
|1999-2000||Jeff Wardeska, Tammy Davidson||Honorable Mention|
Speakers of the Year and Distinguished Member Award Recipients
Speaker of the Year
|1960-61||H. W. Patton|
|1961-62||H. W. Coover, Jr.|
|1962-63||J. W. Tamblyn|
|1963-64||J. R. Caldwell|
|1964-65||K. B. Whetsel|
|1965-66||K. C. Brannock|
|1966-67||V. W. Goodlett|
|1967-68||L. D. Moore|
|1968-69||R. L. McConnell|
|1970-71||C. A. Glover|
|1971-72||E. L. McDaniel|
|1972-73||G. R. Lappin|
|1973-74||C. A. Boye|
|1975-76||T. S. Huang|
|1981-82||D. M. Pond|
|1982-83||J. A. Hyatt|
|1983-84||R. T. Bogan|
|1984-85||M. A. Weaver|
|1985-86||J. G. Wardeska|
|1988-89||Dale Van Sickle|
|1990-91||Richard Kopp and Marsha Ottem|
|1996||Steve Falling and John Monier|
Distinguished Member Award
The Speaker of the Year honor was renamed the Distinguished Member Award beginning in 2011.
|2016||Zhufang Liu and Scott Kirby|
2021 NETSACS Member Awards
|70-Year ACS Member Service Award||Clayton Wise|
|60-Year ACS Member Service Award||Curtis Diebert|
|50-Year ACS Member Service Award||Gerald Cassell|
|NETSACS Salutes to Excellence Award||Eastman Technology (c/o Steve Crawford)|
Hands On! Discovery Center and Gray Fossil Site (c/o Sarah Leposky and John Krekelburg)
|National Chemistry Week Recognition Award||Shawn Dougherty|
|NETSACS Outstanding Chemistry Student Award||Sylvia Meredith (ETSU)|
Madison Blanton (Milligan College)
Mckenzie Peters (Northeast State)
Jesse Shaffer (UVA Wise)
The Historical Officers page provides a list of historical NETS-ACS Chairs (1932-2003) and NETS-ACS Officers (2004-).